Given we use the collaborative problem-solving model, we will organize our work in such a way:1. Defining the problem We have to study a new type of rock, which’s granite. At the end of a lesson every student should be able to name all of the peculiarities of this type of rock, tell about the differences between granite and other types of rock and he should be able to distinguish granite between the other rock examples. He/she should also be able to name the common features between this type of rock and other rocks.
Our Service Can Write a Custom Essay on Problem Solving for You!
2. Choose a strategy
Explain to the students how will they work during the lesson. Remind them about the strategy for developing categories they studied previously, advise on its practical appliance and encourage them to use it.
3. Implement the plan
a). show a set of stones to the kids.
b). Show granite and ask the pupils to talk about the peculiarities of this type of stone. The suggestion of every student should be heard out attentively. If it’s right a teacher or some student should write it down on a blackboard. If the pupil is wrong the teacher will explain the mistake to a child.
c). Ask pupils to summarize everything they noted about this type of stone. Encourage them to write it down in their copy-books. Encourage pupils to ask each other about the distinguishing features of this type of stone and correct their mistakes, if any. Ask children to put any questions about the material given.
d). Propose children to show all the granite stones they see in a set. When the pupil points on a stone, the teacher should ask him to list all the signs according to which the kid made his/her choice. If the pupil’s wrong the teacher should explain and correct his mistake.
e). Show the pupils granite together with some other type of stone and ask them to name the similar and distinguishing features between them. Correct the mistakes if the child makes any.
4. Checking the knowledge.
The teacher should bring new set of rocks to the classroom and ask children to point granite stones in it. Than the teacher will ask the pupil to list all the signs according to which the kid made his/her choice. Correct the mistakes, if any.
1. Child’s activity during the lesson; whether he/she is interested in the subject, listens attentively and puts relevant questions;
2. Desire and ability for the group work; whether the child helps or baffles his/her classmates productive work;
3. Knowledge of the strategy for developing categories and ability to employ it during the lesson;
4. Performance during Checking the knowledge section; whether the child distinguishes granite easily from the other rocks and whether he/she is able to name its distinguishing features;
5. Behavior during the lesson; whether the pupil is engaged in the class work, whether he/she behaves oneself properly no to prevent his classmate’s productive work.
ATTENTION!!! 123helpme.me provides free sample essays and essay examples on any topics and subjects. 123helpme.me essay writing service produces 100% custom essays, term papers & research papers, written by quality essay writers only. The prices start from $8.99 per page. You can order a custom essay on Collaborative Problem Solving now!